Root pruning is essential for any construction purposes to keep your trees healthy and looking great. It is a part of tree care that is often overlooked, but it is vital to the health of your trees. Root pruning can be done on both young and old trees. cutting roots prior to mechanical excavation near a tree. Root pruning may be necessary to minimize damage to the tree’s root system during construction or in preparation for large tree transplanting.
Why choose Benton Tree Service for Root Pruning and root barrier installation In Bay St. Louis/Pass Christian?
Tree pruning removes branches, leaves, and other growth from a tree. It can be done for several reasons, including removing diseased or damaged parts of the tree, improving its appearance, or making it easier to care for. There are a few reasons not to prune your trees. It can be done at any time, but the best time to prune is late winter or early spring. When the tree is dormant and has fewer leaves, it is easier to see what you’re doing. It’s also an excellent time to prune because the tree won’t be putting all its energy into growing new leaves and branches.
When it comes to tree pruning in Bay St. Louis/Pass Christian , nothing beats Benton Tree Service. Benton Tree Service is a widely known Louisiana tree company that provides numerous tree services.
Here are some reasons why you should use Benton Tree Service for all your tree pruning needs:
What is a Root Barrier?
A root barrier is a physical barrier installed around the roots of a tree. This barrier prevents the roots from growing into an area where they are not wanted.
- Preventing damage to inground pools, sidewalks, driveways, and foundations is the most common reason people install root barriers. Roots can cause a lot of damage to concrete and other hardscapes. By installing a root barrier, you can prevent this damage from happening
- Improving the tree’s health- When roots are allowed to grow freely, they can become entangled and damaged. It can lead to a decrease in the tree’s overall health. By installing a root barrier, you can improve your tree’s health.
- Reducing the need for pruning- If you have a tree that constantly needs to be pruned, a root barrier can help. By preventing the roots from growing into specific areas, you can reduce the amount of pruning that is necessary.
What does root pruning involve?
With tree and below-grade property preservation, many methods may be utilized. One of the most popular and effective methods is root pruning. Root pruning is the process of removing the roots of a tree so that they can be replanted elsewhere. It improves the tree’s health and makes it easier to care for. Root pruning involves the following steps:
1. The first step is to cut, at a 90-degree angle, the roots of the tree. The cutting is performed with a spade shovel, then shears for precision. Cutting the roots properly will allow the tree to be replanted elsewhere.
2. The next step may be to replant the tree elsewhere. To replant, your tree service will need to dig a hole that is twice the size of the root ball. After the roots have been replanted, you will need to water them deeply.
3. Root pruning is a great way to improve your tree’s health under construction circumstances or to protect your property below grade.
If you are interested in root pruning, contact Benton Tree Service today. We would be more than happy to help you with your tree care needs!
The best time of year to root prune is in the fall. It is because the roots are actively growing at this time and will be able to heal quickly.
Generally, you root prune your tree every three to five years. It will ensure that the roots are healthy and not cause any damage to your property.
If you notice that your tree is starting to damage your sidewalks or foundations, it is probably time for a root pruning. You should also have your tree inspected by a certified arborist every few years to check for any damage that may have occurred.
Roots are essential for the overall health of a tree, and, when done correctly, root pruning can help maintain the health of your trees. Additionally, root barriers can be installed to prevent roots from growing where they shouldn’t, which can also improve the health of your trees. If you are looking for a Tree Service company in Bay St. Louis/Pass Christian, LA, Benton Tree Services is here to help. We are a certified tree company that can provide you with all of your tree care needs at a great price, including root pruning and root barriers. Contact us today at (504)-323-5533 to learn more! We look forward to seeing you on the job site! services!